The Florida Everblades are a team of individuals who work hard on the ice to provide world-class sports entertainment for the fans. Each year off the ice, the Everblades strive to establish and maintain a reputation of integrity and professionalism through initiatives that are sensitive and responsive to the community it represents through it’s community relations programs. This commitment began in the very first stages of forming this organization, and it continues throughout the ownership group, the management, and most importantly, the Florida Everblades players.
Since the announcement that Florida was awarded an ECHL franchise, the club has touched thousands of children through a variety of educational programs, donations, special events and fan development initiatives.
Throughout the Florida Everblades existence, the franchise has utilized the unique resources of our professional athletes, coaches, and staff to improve the quality of life throughout the community by:
- Reaching over 60,000 students through Everblades educational assemblies and reading programs.
- Donating over $800,000 to local charitable organizations.
- Presenting professional athletes as accessible role models in the community at more than 500 appearances.
- Donating street hockey equipment to twelve local Boys and Girls Club sites to increase participation in hockey.
- Annually donating autographed merchandise to over 1,000 local charities for auctions, dinners and raffles.
- Including our mascot ‘Swampee’ in over 475 community events, festivals, and appearances.
- Raising over $875,000 for local schools by partnering with One For the Community to sell Entertainment books.
- Proactively involving the franchise in a variety of community outreach programs , including the Teddy Bear Toss, Jersey Auctions, Habitat for Humanity, Gators Galore, Pelican’s in Paradise, Food Drives, Goodwill collections and many other fundraisers.
All of these accomplishments are the result of a dedicated group of owners, managers, players, front office staff, and the generous contributions of the team’s sponsors.
The team is proud to be a part of the Southwest Florida community and remain committed to “Sticking with the Community” it calls home.
For donation requests and appearances for our mascot Swampee, contact Katie Loomis (239) 948-7825, ext. 1500 or e-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For player appearances, contact Alex Reed at (239) 948-7825 ext.1024 or e-mail him at: email@example.com
**Due to the players practice and travel schedules, we do ask for at least four weeks notice prior to the date of the event for requesting player appearances.